This page can only be displayed on a css compliant browser. Try Firefox.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Things not to do

This happened a couple of months ago.

1)
I was sitting on a bus stop, just looking to a map, I really didn't want to catch a bus. When I finish looking at it, I pack my stuff and on the exact moment I get up to leave, an Arab guy sits next to me. He approaches me:

-"Hey, it's ok. Come on sit."
-"I hum... "
-"No problem, sit."
-"I... was looking at a map a I have to go..."
-"ok ok."

He didn't look too convinced but I left the area nonetheless.


2)
I was walking down the street and there was a guy preaching that starts talking to me . He says how important religion is and then he asks where was I from. I answered that I was from Portugal. He looked amazed and I thought that it was because I don't look like an european national. Anyway he continued talking that Portugal was a nice place to visit, and the people are mostly christians. Eventually I left and he continued talking to someone else.
Later that day I finally realized why looked so amazed. he thought I was making fun of him because in that day Portugal played against England for the World Cup 2006 quarter finals. For those who don't remember, the match ended with a tie in which Ronaldo has a controversial attitude and England lost in the penalty shootout.

No comments: